[OpenLayers-Dev] auto-generating OpenLayers javascript

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Wed May 7 12:51:53 EDT 2008

I am interested in developing a parser that would take a block of XML
describing a map view (maybe SLD notation?) and turn it into OpenLayers
javascript code.  Once I have done this, I would like to turn it into a
WordPress plugin, so that maps can be dynamically added to blogs, real,
custom maps that is.  The things I think I need to know before starting
this are:

1.	Is there already something out there that does this?
2.	What format is considered the best standard, SLD, or some other?
3.	Is this interesting to others as well?

Thanks!

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler

Office of Water Supply and Planning