[OpenLayers-Dev] Finding A Specific Old Version of a Way

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 13 03:18:32 EDT 2008

In message <20080513065608.GA15589 at metacarta.com>
        Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to select a specific version of an old way?

Several ;-) As things stand you could do:

  OldWay.find(:first, :conditions => ["id = ? and version = ?", id, version])

but as I said the other day, it would be better to declare the
primary key for that model properly now we have the composite
keys plugin. So add:

  set_primary_keys :id, :version

to the top of the model, then you can do:

  OldWay.find(id, version)

> In Django, I'd do something akin to:
>
> old_way = OldWay.objects.get(id=23931312, version=1)
>
> I don't know what the Rails equivilant is. Anyone know?
>
> (Is there a tutorial I should read on Rails to answer this?)

Lots probably, but this is an unusual case as it involves a composite
primary key which rails doesn't natively support...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/