[OpenLayers-Dev] vector-behavior review

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri May 30 13:52:46 EDT 2008

Hey-

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> tschaub, sbenthall, could you review the changesets
> <http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/7261> and
> <http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/7266>. They basically involve
> creating the spatial filter in the BBOX strategy instead of in the WFS
> protocol (as discussed on IRC). The WFS protocol just adds its own
> specific bits in the filter before it passes it to the filter format.
> I wanted to test this change using the v2-bbox-wfs-gml.html example
> but that example does not work for me. If you think the changesets are
> ok and work for you, either merge them into vector-behavior or ask me
> to do it. Thanks guys,

Sounds like a decent solution.  Though I think you intended to spell
"setProperty" as "setPropertyName" instead.

http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/sandbox/camptocamp/unhcr/lib/OpenLayers/Protocol/WFS/v1_0_0.js#L275

I guess it's worth asking what other protocol will be serializing a
filter using the filter format?

The bbox array is a handy representation of a bbox for anybody who is
not going to be writing an ogc:Filter element.

Seb (copied), any opinions?

Tim