[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 4 18:24:47 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 04:11:12PM -0700, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Erik Uzureau wrote:
> > ...well, I think that all this was just about enough to kill any
> > momentum we may have had going there
>
> If you are referring to my comment that I didn't like the idea of
> *spending* money on t-shirts, I apologize.  It really seems like there
> are better uses of sponsorship money to me - and I liked all the others
> on that page.  If others believe that putting t-shirts at the top of the
> list is a good idea, I don't want to stop anyone.
>
> I think we've probably gotten all the feedback that we're going to
> (easily) get on the proposal.  I think everybody likes the idea, and I
> think it will get an easy approval in a vote.

As far as I understand it, at least one PSC member is still convinced
that we don't have the neccesary understanding of how we'll spend the
money in place:

"Whether it is an "agenda" or "over arching goal" or "metric" or
"purpose", my point is simply that there should be a clear _end_ stated
for the funds.  T-shirts and such are not an end in themselves. :-)"

 -- http://openlayers.org/pipermail/dev/2008-October/003680.html

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, though.