[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:26:01 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:

> Plus, as discussed previously, I think the topic of "spending
> sponsorship money" is one that we should task ourselves with (as a PSC)
> when we actually get some money.

So actually this is exactly the issue. In our discussion with MetaCarta, the
clear sentiment was "we're not going to give you money if we don't know how
it will be spent". Which was the first blow to the sponsorship steam... and
I think that whatever was left has just sort of petered out.

Maybe part of that is that the originator of the idea, our very own
Christopher McWilliamson III Schmidt is in Japan devoting his free time to
promoting OL.... but I think in general there's just not enough independent
interest in this or available resources (read: volunteers) to be willing to
put in the leg work to get this working...

Maybe time will prove us wrong, but it just sort of feels "dead".

Erik