[OpenLayers-Dev] calculateBounds function

Abhi abhirama.bhat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:39:38 EST 2008

Can someone please tell me or point me to some literature that explains the
logic behind the below piece of code (Taken from calculateBounds method of
Map class)?

var size = this.getSize();<Returns view port size>
var w_deg = size.w * resolution;
var h_deg = size.h * resolution;
extent = new OpenLayers.Bounds(center.lon - w_deg / 2,
                                           center.lat - h_deg / 2,
                                           center.lon + w_deg / 2,
                                           center.lat + h_deg / 2);

--