[OpenLayers-Dev] docs.openlayers.org

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Sat Nov 15 16:51:38 EST 2008

Hey-

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 07:56:25PM +0100, Yves Jacolin (free) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I want to translate doc, where do I need to put it?
>
> For anything that's already in OL SVN, you can create a copy of the doc,
> and put '.lang-code.rst' as the extension. (So,
> spherical_mercator.fr.rst.) If you want to translate the 'about' section
> as well, you can so, and save it as 'about.fr.rst'. (Since, at the
> moment, you don't have trunk SVN access, you can add these as patches,
> or put them into a sandbox and I'll merge in from there.) The
> docs.openlayers.org site doesn't handle this yet, but as soon as it's
> needed, I'll add it.
>
> I envision this being a sub-bullet list in the "Spherical Mercator"
> section, with the title/description/link being slightly smaller, and
> (obviously ;)) in French.
>
>> For example, if I want to upload rst file of the french translation of the
>> Tim's Workshop ... (Tim, do you agreed I upload the french translation in the
>> doc svn tree of OL ordo you prefer to manage it in your svn ?)
>
> I think that we should maintain translated copies of docs in the same
> location  as the source documentation unless there is a strong reason
> otherwise. So, I would say that either the french translation should be
> managed in the OpenGeo SVN (or if Tim prefers) we could move the OpenGeo
> workshop into the OL SVN. If neither of those works out, we can work out
> a solution with having them both in seperate SVN.

Since we will be using a separate build process for the OpenGeo
workshops, and we will be hosting more than just an OpenLayers workshop,
we will continue to maintain the workshop docs outside the OL repo.

Yves, I'll contact you separately about giving you access to workshop
repo (if you are interested in contributing your translation).

Tim

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org