[OpenLayers-Dev] docs.openlayers.org

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Nov 15 17:03:31 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 02:51:38PM -0700, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Since we will be using a separate build process for the OpenGeo
> workshops, and we will be hosting more than just an OpenLayers workshop,
> we will continue to maintain the workshop docs outside the OL repo.

Note that I'm happy to enhance the current build process to take
advantage of build materials that any other documentation needs (be
they something like sphinx, something more advanced like TeX, etc.). I'm
not trying to argue that OpenGeo should or shouldn't do something, but
the technical requirements for build stuff shuld hopefully not prevent
us from storing documentation in OL SVN.

I'm somewhat concerned about having documentation all over the web --
it's one of the things I hope to improve with this setup. It makes it
difficult to solve the "I want to have a local copy of OL documentatin
for my trip through the bush in south africa" problem. Maybe an SVN
external helps fix that; is the OL Workshop SVN in a stable location
that we culd toss an external into?