[OpenLayers-Dev] Openlayers queries regarding overviewmap, zoom extent, Hover and click event

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Thu Oct 2 05:42:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a few queries.
1. I am using the 'overviewmap control' [birds eye view] in my map.I
want to know if it is possible to fix the rectangle size and adjust the
part of the map within that rectangle even on zooming or
panning.[Similar to what google does]
2. I am using google physical map as base layer and have the extents
fixed to show only India.But when i double click on the right or left
corner of the map, the map outside India, in spite of having set the
restrictedExtent and maxExtent. Is there a way to fix this issue?
3. Is it possible to have two different actions on hovering and clicking
on the vector features on the map? For eg. I want to highlight a point
on hovering and show a popup on clicking the point.
As far as i saw, i can enable only one of these events.

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanks & regards,
Subha