[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Users] Whither extLayerSwitcher?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:45:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/10/3 William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>:
>> [...]
> Er, if it's not opensource yet, you might want to remove the
>
>  *  @Licence GNU/GPL
>
> line until it is ;)

ups, sorry - the idea was too strong :-)

> So, are there any major bugs in the old ExtLayerSwitcher?  Do either the old
> or new versions work in OL 2.7?

No idea - I did not test it yest. But the things, like metadataURL I
had there long time before :-)

[...]
> Right now I'm testing/learning OL (I was busy with other stuff all summer
> and I'm just getting back to it).  One of the first things I noticed was the
> label clashes between separate layers, and your WMS layer splitting feature
> (so that it's a single WMS request) is exactly what I want.
>
> It would be used on a public map to support our online map store, but
> eventually I'd like to add it to my toolbox for contract webmap work.
>
> I'll probably start by seeing how far I can get with ExtLayerSwitcher.

Things are getting better. We discussed this with my colleage and we
both think, it should be opensourced, as well as other plug-ins.

BTW, is there some OpenLayers-ExtJS working group/mailing list? I
know, there was some meeting in Cape Town, but I (and possibly others)
was not there.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky