[OpenLayers-Dev] Entering OSGeo Project Sponsorship

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 17 18:25:28 EDT 2008

I believe the point of sponsorship is that there is no such influence,
it is at the discretion of the appointed committee (PSC in this case)
to disperse the funds according to the guidelines stated for the
project.  Projects may earmark specific activities that they want to
undertake if they are able to raise the funds - sponsors can then
contribute directly to one of these activities.  But we don't have to
designate specific projects if we don't want to.

On 17-Oct-08, at 5:48 PM, Erik Uzureau wrote:

> Overall, it seems like the main tension between our points of vista
> here are centered
> around the notion that sponsors would somehow be hijacking the
> direction/focus of
> development activities for the project.

Paul

    Paul Spencer