[OpenLayers-Dev] Entering OSGeo Project Sponsorship

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:45:52 EDT 2008

Super helpful, Frank. Thanks for this detailed roundup of your experience...
couldn't have asked for a more perfect response.
As we move forward with this, I think we should take these words of wisdom
into consideration.

One thing that Frank brings up here that I think is important and that we've
maybe overlooked is the amount of work that is involved
with getting the sponsorship going and maintaining it. I assume that among
the PSC, we should be able to get all the wikis and necessary documentation
set up, but it sounds like it would be good for us to 'elect'  someone to be
in charge of managing the sponsorship program. For now, it sounds like Chris
is interested to do that and I doubt that anyone would balk at his
nomination, but it might be good to vote him in, make it an official title
nonetheless. What do people think?

The other issue that Chris brought up earlier and Frank delved into a bit
more is this issue of the credits page. In the interest of threaded email
clients, I'd like to bring up that discussion in a separate mail.

Again, thanks Frank for sharing this. It's awesome to have this experience
to draw from and but moreover the buena-vibra of a fellow project sticking
out an arm to help us out. OpenLayers has been really fortunate to have so
many big siblings around to show us the way -- we are indebted. Thanks!

Erik