[OpenLayers-Dev] FramedCloud question

John R. Frank john.frank at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 23 08:27:08 EDT 2008

In pursuit of #1727 and #1726 related to letting popups leave the map div,
I started (with help from Erik) making changes in a 2.7 branch with this
not-yet-correct example:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/jrf/openlayers-2.7-with-overflow-popups/examples/popupOutsideMapDiv.html

I figured that [8173] would be the only thing needed to implement
closeOnPan (#1726), but then it turns out that onMove is never called...

grep -r onMove * | grep "js:"

lib/OpenLayers/Popup.js: /** Method: onMove

lib/OpenLayers/Popup.js: onMove: function(){

lib/OpenLayers/Popup.js: OpenLayers.Console.log("onMove");

and similar results for grep -r Move *

So, I'd appreciate a tutorial from anyone who can help me understand the
way events work in popups.

Thanks,
jrf