[OpenLayers-Dev] Hello and a SVG Format patch

Jonathan Lister jon at osmosoft.com
Fri Oct 31 05:48:17 EDT 2008

Hello! (sorry if this is the second time you get this... had sending problems)

My name is Jonthan Lister, I've just got into OpenLayers and I'm very
excited by what I can do with it! I'd like to say a big thank you to
everyone who is contributing to the project - thanks!

I've spent a few days putting together a new feature to allow me to
read in SVG files and use them as layers. I've posted the code on
pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/m6b718a2

This adds OpenLayers.Format.SVG to the existing formats, so you can do
something like this:

var svg = new OpenLayers.Layer.GML('SVG','mySVG.svg', {
format:OpenLayers.Format.SVG });

I would really appreciate some feedback on this idea. There are a
number of notes in the comments at the start of the file that go into
some more detail about my thinking about this.

Thanks,

J.

--
http://www.jaybyjayfresh.com