[OpenLayers-Dev] Fwd: 2.7 rc1 -- Friday Morning

Gorka López Rivacoba gorka.lopez.rivacoba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:16:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

In my project I have to load a lot of information to a map. I prove with
some solutions and we decide to use GeoRSS, but I have some questions about
this type of layer

   1. When I load information with this method, when I click in one of these
   points, the popup resizes. When you click twice the popup is bigger and so
   on.

   1. When two points are too close, the icons are overlap. I try to do
   something like this (http://www.afcomponents.com/components/umap_as3/),
   that when two points are too close, it only appears an icon and when you
   click on it, a popup with two tabs is shown. To do this, I cannot use
   GeoRSS. I think about this problem and II think a possible solution is: I
   have to read the georss.xml document and look for close points, and then
   generate a marker with two or more tabs.

   1. If I have a lot of entries, the performance of the application is very
   slow. I think in a solution, the client sends to server the location and the
   zoom, and the server reads the entire document but only returns a document
   with the entries referred to the client's location and zoom.

I find a topic about this problem, but is too old and it doesn't appear any
solution.
 http://openlayers.org/pipermail/dev/2006-October/000039.html

Is there something done like this? Have you any other solution to these
general problems?

Thanks a lot. Regards,

Gorka López
Geograma S.L.