[OpenLayers-Dev] Fwd: 2.7 rc1 -- Friday Morning

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Thu Sep 4 08:15:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 22:55 -0500, Erik Uzureau wrote:

> As always, please voice your opinion on this. We are hoping that
> option (3) is a reasonable compromise that will hopefully still allow
> us to deliver the new release on time.

I know I've been pretty quiet lately, but I want to speak up in favor of
this move. The rules we've set for ourselves are meant to help the
project community, not hinder it, and I think this is the right time and
place to make an exception for the reasons that Erik's laid out. Thanks
to all of you who've put in long hours on this release, and especially
to Erik and Chris for hammering out this compromise.

SDE