[OpenLayers-Dev] Canvas for Safari?...instead of SVG and iphone?

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Thu Sep 4 09:06:04 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 08:55:27AM -0500, Lance Dyas wrote:
>
>> I am just wondering how close the canvas renderer for safari is to being
>> ready
>>

> I don't know, how much more ready than "Checked into trunk with
> examples, tests, etc." do you want?

Great is there special effort required to use it for the iphone
environment when using
a GML

>> actually at one point OpenLayers vector rendering via SVG worked in Safari..
>> but Safari is a moving target and it quit doing so ... (I think
>> dynamically added
>> SVG elements fail to render, ones read and parsed from doc directly work)
>>

> Er, SVG works fine in Safari. I've been using it regularly. (And by
> regularly, I mean 'daily'.) Why do you think it fails?

The WMS has changed for this layer.. but
http://www.microimages.com/ogc/maps/nebraskaopen.htm#lat=40.83126&lon=-102.20917&zoom=2

This is not the latest version of OpenLayers in use.. but rather.

Revision: 5438