[OpenLayers-Dev] Announcing: OpenLayers 2.7 RC3

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:55:16 EDT 2008

The OpenLayers Development Team is sure proud to announce the third
release candidate of OpenLayers 2.7.

We have seen the bug reports taper off this week and are fervently
hoping that RC3 will be the final
2.7 release. So please try it out and report back if you have issues!

This latest RC fixes several issues:

 * FireBug now works again in FF3 (#1594)
 * getComponentString no longer causes getShortString to fail if a
geometry has only two components (#1730)
 * Right-Click Handler now *disabled* by default (#1735)
 * GML v2 build fix (#1740)
 * Natural doc review (#1738)

....a full list is available at
http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=closed&version=2.7%20RC2 .

We invite you to help us test this latest 2.7 release candidate! To
test 2.7 rc3 in your applications, include the following tag in your
OpenLayers-powered page:

  <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/2.7-rc3/OpenLayers.js"></script>

As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/.
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.7 RC3 version. Any
regressions should be filed under the 2.7 milestone.

Additionally, if you are interested in confirming that this release
works well in your browser, especially if it is a less commonly used
browser, you can run the OpenLayers test suite, and automatically
report your results, by:

    * Closing and reopening your browser
    * Opening http://openlayers.org/dev/tests/auto-tests.html
    * Clicking the 'run all' button at the bottom of the page.

This will run tests, and deliver the results to our OpenLayers test
server for developers to review.

We look forward to your feedback!

Regards,

The OpenLayers Team