[OpenLayers-Dev] Dynamic SLD in a GetMap-Request via HTTP-POST

Ingo Weinzierl ingo.weinzierl at intevation.de
Thu Apr 30 02:44:46 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I am thinking about a topic of my thesis in the next month. While working on a
project using OpenLayers, I asked myself if it's possible to send a WMS
GetMap-Request via HTTP-POST to include a SLD.
I have searched for this problem via google, the mailing-lists and in the
examples of OL, but the only way to use SLDs in a GetMap-Request I could find
is via url to a file or in a HTTP-GET url, which has limited length.
The idea of my tutor and me is to realize a WMS GetMap-Request via HTTP-POST
to be able to include longer SLDs.

What are you thinking about this idea? Or is it absolutely impossible?

Regards,
Ingo

--
Ingo Weinzierl				              OpenPGP key: 0x2D2E2573
http://www.intevation.de/