[OpenLayers-Dev] ArcXML support

David Zwarg dzwarg+ol_dev at avencia.com
Wed Apr 29 17:34:27 EDT 2009

Hello Christian,

This is a good place to start if you want to contribute to OpenLayers:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute

It looks like you have some really good ideas about how the ArcXML format
could be improved already (and it looks like you know your way around the
code), so I would suggest getting on the OpenLayers trac, creating an
account, and start opening tickets.  The basic procedure is:

   1. File a ticket.
   2. Create a patch, with tests
   3. Set the patch to review
   4. Nag some OpenLayers trunk committer

I can help with specific bug fixes to the ArcXML format in the near term,
but my work implementing the rest of the spec won't happen immediately (it's
a large spec).

I hope this helps,
Zwarg