[OpenLayers-Dev] Advice on Filter 1.1.0 implementation

Peter Bladon peter at bladonfamily.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 16:54:25 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to write some code to run against a CSW 2.0.1 server
(Geonetwork).

OpenLayers.Filter implements OGC Filter 1.0.0 (or bits of it) which
specifies BBOX with gml:Box.

Geonetwork requires OGC Filter 1.1.0 which requires gml:Envelope

Any suggestions for an elegant solution - I have an ugly kludge that adds an
extra method to GML.js for writing gml:Envelope when passed an
OpenLayers.Bounds object, called directly from an updated filter format
class. Be nicer if it conformed to existing pattern, where GML is produced
based on class type (ie reads class of passed in object and produces
specific gml:XXX). I don't want to change existing bounds production, as
this could break a lot of other stuff.

Ta

Peter