[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers doesn't like being pushed aside by Float

Craig Stanton c.stanton at niwa.co.nz
Mon Feb 23 15:31:28 EST 2009

Hi all,
    I'm new to OpenLayers but have done a lot of searching to find a solution to a problem I have come across straight away. What I did was place a div to the left of the map div, held there by a style="float:left" command. I then discovered that my double-clicks on the map are interpreted as if the map is still up against the left side of the browser window. So if the other div is 100 wide the map is moved 100 pixels to the right. I then click on Africa and the map thinks that I've clicked on Australia.

I've seen some emails in these archives discussing the use of map.updateSize(). I put that into my init function but it changed nothing. I believe the problem is that OpenLayers is not aware that it has been displaced from the side of the window. Has anyone come across this and found a solution?

~Craig