[OpenLayers-Dev] IE cluster/protocol error - 'status' is null or not an object

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Jan 9 13:22:53 EST 2009

Hey-

Andreas Hocevar wrote:
> Ivan Grcic wrote:
>> I made some comment to http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1896
>>
>> But strangly I cant reproduce it anymore on
>> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster.html  ? Andreas?
>>

> I still can reproduce it. Another comment and patch that fixes the issue
> (based on Ivan's proposed fix) in
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1896#comment:2

It would be good to confirm once again that the problem still exists
(funny that Ivan can't reproduce it).

Andreas, your description makes some sense - though it is pretty
maddening that onreadystatechange would be called twice with readyState 4.

Instead of addressing this in Protocol.HTTP, I'm wondering if we can fix
it in Request.

Please try out the latest patch on the ticket to see if this approach works.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org