[OpenLayers-Dev] OLON in OpenLayers 2.7

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 00:20:03 EST 2009

...not sure if this is relevant now or not, since I don't know much about
OLON, but this was picked up on my radar today and

thought I'd send it along in case it is something worth looking into.
-e

from: http://blog.sumbera.com/2009/01/10/olon-in-openlayers/

Playing with OL context and OLON (OpenLayers Object Notation) that is based
on JSON I have found that the sample provided on the OLON sandbox in OL
repository doesn't work well with vectors, in fact it ignores vectors at
all.  Reading through the code it was quite easy to discover the problem -
vector.js (layer) didn't serialize  "features", moreover during
deserialization, features were nulled. To make OLON properly work in OL
2.7   for vectors, add following to the vector.js
(lib\OpenLayers\Layer\Vector.js)

[line 197]
serializable: {
"args": ["name"],
"props": ["features"]
},
[line 238]
if (!this.features)
this.features = [];

If you have pure 2.7 OL version installed, following link can help you to
make difs against what is needed for OLON to work at 2.7:
http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/7323 …or you may download complete 2.7
version of OpenLayers with OLON extension from the MapBinder sample at
http://www.sumbera.com/lab/wmsbinder/getcap.htm since OL there  is not
compressed.