[OpenLayers-Dev] Bug in the 2.8 RC6? (ticket #1797)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Jun 18 04:35:23 EDT 2009

Hi Vivien,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Vivien
Deparday<vivien.deparday at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> sorry to talk about this ticket yet again but I still have an issue.
> This issue can be reproduced with the example attached to the ticket
> #1797 with Firefox 3. When clicking the button resize of the example
> (which changes the div size and execute map.updateSize), it now works.
> However, if you resize manually the Firefox window (by manually I mean
> with the handle at the bottom right-hand corner or with the
> resize/maximize button beside the close button or when you use the full
> screen mode by pressing F11) and then switch the layer, all the tiles
> don't get refreshed. You have to resize the window again and then it
> works. You can also reproduce this with the example I attached to the
> ticket #2055. In this case, the vector layer is also misaligned.

Ok, I tried with the example attached to #1797, after removing the
width and height styles of the map div. Works fine. Then I tried with
the exmaple attached to #2055, modified the paths and proxy to make it
work in my environment, and also cannot reproduce the issue.

> Let me know if you can reproduce this issue with the two examples and if
> you would need me to minimize my application to help solving this issue.
> Hopefully, it's not worth delaying the release of the 2.8.

I cannot reproduce the issue. The problem with the GMaps API is that
their JS can change any time, so it is hard to reproduce these things
in general. I do not think it is worth delaying the release of 2.8.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Cheers,
>
> Vivien