[OpenLayers-Dev] Is there an OL application which demonstrates the context in which the OL translations are used?

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 22 17:08:17 EDT 2009

Hey-

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to add a new translation to OpenLayers (under
> lib/OpenLayers/Lang/). But to do it properly I'd like to see the
> translations in the context in which they are used.
>
> Is there an application OpenLayers that triggers the various
> errors/dialogs etc. that end up showing these messages? Or do
> potential translators need to browse the source to try to figure out
> in what context some of the more obscure ones are used?

Thanks for the offer to help with translation.

We currently use a global dictionary for translation (as you have seen)
instead of a dictionary per class (or otherwise).  The easiest way to
see where specific keys are used is probably to search the lib for
"OpenLayers.i18n".

Others may have other suggestions.

Tim

> en.js for reference: