[OpenLayers-Dev] Load external GML file in OpenLayers

Gorka López Rivacoba gorka.lopez.rivacoba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:49:55 EST 2009

Thanks Andreas and Toni for your help,

In my case (rare case), the server page is in a server computer and it has
to read a gml file that is in client computer. This applicattion only has to
run in Internet Explorer. This is very risky in a normal applications, but
in my case, it is for internal porpouse and I could add all the permissions
I want in the client.

Adding the web in Internet Explorer trusted sites, adding permissions to
"Initialize and generate scripts to ActiveX controls not marked as safe" and

function loadParams(gmlDoc){

   if (document.implementation && document.implementation.createDocument){

    xmlDoc = document.implementation.createDocument("", "", null);

    xmlDoc.onload = readParams;

  } else if (window.ActiveXObject){

    xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");

    xmlDoc.async = false;

    xmlDoc.onreadystatechange = function () {

      if (xmlDoc.readyState == 4) readParams()

    };

  } else{

    alert('This script is not supported by your browser');

    return;

  }

  xmlDoc.load(gmlDoc);

}

I know this is not a normal case, but although it is not the better
solution, I could resolve my problem with permissions.

Thanks for your responses.

Best regards,

Gorka López