[OpenLayers-Dev] ESRI and OpenLayers

Matt Priour mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com
Fri Mar 6 09:12:33 EST 2009

Yes, I'm doing an example.
The problem last time was that the tile URL was calculated based on the
upper left corner of the bounds. If the OL Map grid and the tile grid were
off by even 0.00001 units, certain tiles would get repeated, others skipped.
The behavior was very unpredictable but worse at closer zoom levels and
projected grids with large coordinate values.
My version uses the bound center which avoids those issues.
Matt Priour
Kestrel Computer Consulting