[OpenLayers-Dev] request for review

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Sat Mar 14 22:13:08 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 19:45 -0600, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey-
>
> I'm hoping to get a favor.  I'd like someone to review the latest patch
> for http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1951.
>
> r9022 introduced a regression that breaks bounds.intersectsBounds.

It looks like I got overzealous in my attempts to refactor
intersectsBounds more readable to ordinary mortals, which was dumb,
because fixing #1951 wound up not actually requiring those changes after
all.

Your patch appears to replace the changes to intersectsBounds in r9022
with its original code, and adds a test for the case that my refactoring
broke. Thanks for finding and fixing this, Tim. I've approved the patch
in Trac -- please commit it.

> If it doesn't get attention in the next day or so, I think it would be
> reasonable to roll back the changes from r9022.  If you disagree, please
> speak up (or review the patch).

I disagree in principle. I think that submitting a change that fixes the
old patch and waiting for review was the right response.

SDE