[OpenLayers-Dev] maps with all "overlays"

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Mar 27 19:18:27 EDT 2009

Hey-

I've put together a pretty simple patch [1] that allows a map to be
configured so that the lowest layer in the draw order is always treated
as the base layer.

With this patch, if you configure your map with allOverlays: true and
configure every layer with isBaseLayer: false, you can have a map with
any number (including zero) of layers visible or invisible.

The patch is marked for commit, and I'm happy to commit it.  If anybody
has any comments about *not* wanting this, please speak up.

Tim

[1] see http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2004

--
Tim Schaub