[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Users] Performance and Memoryusage measuring: How To

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu May 14 12:05:18 EDT 2009

Hey-

Kris Geusebroek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sadly i didn't get any replies on this mail so I investigated further
> myself and found a partial solution.
> It seems that IE leaves a reference to the element which is removed with
> the removeChild method.

Thanks for taking the initiative to investigate this issue!

Have you taken a look at the doc on contributing patches?
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute

It is preferable to have a patch attached to a ticket on our bug
tracker.  Emailed patches are not as likely to get applied/reviewed.

If you are able to create a ticket with the description of the issue you
have noticed and what you have done to resolve it, please send a link to
the ticket.  Ideally, the ticket would have a patch with tests that
demonstrate the problem and solution.

Thanks for your work on this.  I think investigating ways to reduce
memory use and increase performance is of great value.

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org