[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.8 RC2

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Sun May 17 13:34:31 EDT 2009

Hi Charles,

with open source it's not as simple as saying something does not work,
and expecting people to fix it for free. Remember, Chris is spending
lots of his spare time unpaid on OpenLayers, which is already a great thing.

If things don't work, and it seems like you are the only one running
into it, it probably means not many people are using that feature. So
you've basically got two choices: fix it up yourself and provide a patch
with testcases, or hire a developer to do that for you. I understand
that's kind of hard when you don't have a commercial interest or money
generated from your website/project, but on the other hand you cannot
expect people to (endlessly) help you for free.

Best regards,
Bart