[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers and the OGC?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Nov 4 09:24:52 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 01:54:27PM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> since OpenLayers is now implementing so many OGC standards, and will
> probably implement even more in the future, I have the following question:
>
> Did anybody ever contact the OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) to see if
> there are opportunities to work together (in a testbed or in another
> construction)? E.g. a reference client implementation, certification etc?

OpenLayers has been a key part of several testbed efforts, but all made
by individual companies. (I'm pretty sure that LISAsoft used OL for testbed
work at least once, possibly twice.)

I personally have no particular desire to get more deeply involved with OGC,
but have no problem with others pushing in that direction.