[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers map.AfterDraw event

geojoe jwolter at wisc.edu
Fri Nov 6 15:12:56 EST 2009

The logic I used for the page refresh didn't really work.

It seems that when I use the saved extent in the map Init() function and
call "map.zoomToExtent( lastExtent );" this redraws the last extent properly
but I can no longer zoom out. This command seems to reset the map maxExtent
so when I ZoomToMaxExtent() I'm stuck with the current extent.

-------------

I am updating a postgres database by adding or moving points and displaying
two views into that database. I've been trying to display the new data by
doing an HTML page refresh preserving the last extent.

What I would really like is to have a redraw map control that re-reads the
database views to get the updated positions and refreshes the map using the
current extent.

Does a refresh or redraw map control exist that does this? Again, I haven't
been able to find one.

Thanks,
Joe