[OpenLayers-Dev] "Broken" images on 404 in IE w/ TileCache Layer

Matt Underwood sakkaku at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:41:12 EST 2009

I wrote a layer that inherits Layer.TileCache to work with a slightly
different service (in this case images hosted on amazon's s3).  The
problem comes with IE which displays "broken" images on those that are
purposely omitted (404 is returned).  I looked at Tile.Image and it
seems to attempt to fail gracefully and replace the image from what I
understand.  Is there anything extra I need to do to ensure it
replaces the image on failure?  Any help or pointers would be greatly
appreciated, I was hoping to not have to debug Tile.Image :(

Thanks,
Matt