[OpenLayers-Dev] discussion -> LayerSwitcher -> layer groups

Lars Schrader schrader at geoinformationsdienst.de
Mon Oct 19 07:40:50 EDT 2009

Hello,

two years ago Jachym Cepicky (jachym) developed an extension for the
LayerSwitcher:
-> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1086
With this patch it's possible to use groups inside the layer tree.
I tried it with OpenLayers 2.8. I think it's a very nice and simple feature.

Is it a good idea to commit the patch into the trunk? I think for some
implementation solutions it would be very helpful to have such a simple
possibility to create groups inside the layer tree.

Greetings, Lars