[OpenLayers-Dev] discussion -> LayerSwitcher -> layer groups

Sebastian Benthall seb at opengeo.org
Fri Oct 23 10:54:15 EDT 2009

I'm +1 on having some sort of support for layer groups in OpenLayers.
Especially now that allOverlays is an option, it seems to me that some sort
of low level support for guaranteeing certain properties of layer ordering,
for example, would be useful.

Whether or not it makes sense to couple this configurability with UI
elements in OpenLayers trunk is another question.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org>wrote:

> Maybe a plugin would be more appropriate, since everyone seems to have
> a different idea about the LayerSwitchee.
>
> Also, make sure to check out http://geoext.org/, which provides a rich
> set of tree components for Layer control, including different kinds of
> grouping -- on top of OpenLayers.
>
> Look at http://dev.geoext.org/trunk/geoext/examples/tree.html.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
>
> 2009/10/19, Lars Schrader <schrader at geoinformationsdienst.de>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > two years ago Jachym Cepicky (jachym) developed an extension for the
> > LayerSwitcher:
> > -> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1086
> > With this patch it's possible to use groups inside the layer tree.
> > I tried it with OpenLayers 2.8. I think it's a very nice and simple
> feature.
> >
> > Is it a good idea to commit the patch into the trunk? I think for some
> > implementation solutions it would be very helpful to have such a simple
> > possibility to create groups inside the layer tree.
> >
> > Greetings, Lars
> > --

> Von meinen Mobilgerät aus gesendet
>
> Andreas Hocevar