[OpenLayers-Dev] Slightly OT: Statistics about OpenLayers

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Fri Sep 25 15:32:45 EDT 2009

Hi devs,

I love OpenLayers and want to persuade others to that opinion.

Is there any web-ressource with statistics about the OpenLayers Project?
I am interested e.g. in

    * number of commiters,
    * number of sandboxes,
    * avg number of mailings per list,
    * subscriptions to mailing lists / IRC,
    * estimated number of installations / downloads,
    * some popular applications(I already know about whitehouse.gov and
      latimes.com),
    * trends on the above numbers would be great as well,
    * any other marketing buzz you can provide

I'd love to have any  "number"/"metric"  that "proves"/"hints" the
obvious greatness of the software :-)

I am aware that these facts and figures will only scratch at the
surface, but I think some of that numbers would help commmunicate that
OL is probably the best choice for GIS in the www.

The above would IMHO be a great addition to the projects website.

I know of http://www.ohloh.net/p/openlayers, but it seems somewhat outdated.

Many thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

-- Marc