[OpenLayers-Dev] Slightly OT: Statistics about OpenLayers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Sep 25 15:41:40 EDT 2009

  http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/CLA

 http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/

  http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/
  http://openlayers.org/pipermail/dev/

>     * subscriptions to mailing lists / IRC,

 IRC generally sits at about 50-60 people online.
 Mailing Lists:
  * Users: 992
  * Dev: 499

>     * estimated number of installations / downloads,

10s of thousands; I don't have anything more specific, and to a certain extent,
it would be hard to get anything much more specific due to installations being
copied/proliferated outside of OL.org.

  http://gallery.openlayers.org/

>     * trends on the above numbers would be great as well,
>     * any other marketing buzz you can provide
>
> I'd love to have any  "number"/"metric"  that "proves"/"hints" the
> obvious greatness of the software :-)

I don't know about any great software; only software that doesn't suck. :)