[OpenLayers-Dev] Hover over point - Display name

geojoe jwolter at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 13 12:44:44 EDT 2010

I would like to hover over one of my layers and display the feature site_name
next to the feature like a label. I would also like to have this control
active all of the time - while pan, identify, zoomIn, ... are active.

Using the control below the "overFeature" code is never reached.

Help,
Joe

	   userHoverControl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(
		userLayer,
		{
			hover: true,
			highlightOnly: false,
			clickout: false,
			toggle: false,
			multiple: false,
		        overFeature: function(feature) {
           			alert(feature.attributes.site_name);
         		},
         		outFeature: function(feature) {
           			console.log('hover out:  ' + feature.attributes.site_name);
         		},
		}
	   );
	   map.addControl(userHoverControl);