[OpenLayers-Dev] I have developed a new method to manage events instead of on/un (and two more proposals)

Xavier Mamano (jorix) xavier.mamano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:12:19 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

1. By calling new addListener method (on objects Map, Layer, Control,
Popup...), the events and listeners are stored in an array into the object
and there no need to do unregister. "un" method is called automatically when
the object is destroyed.

2. Also I was worried about the unintended effects of KeyboardDefaults
control. I thought: to move the cursor on the map, the mouse is used
exclusively almost. Therefore I made a method to automatic desavtivate
KeyboardDefaults when the mouse is out the map (using addListener).

3. But moseover/moseout had a problem: many events occur that are not
relevant. I've solved this by new mapmouseover/mapmouseout events (using
addListener).

It also shows the usage of last #2508 proposal for CSS display class
management in panel.

See it working in:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/xavier.mamano/sandbox/addlistener/examples/addlistener.html
http://perso.wanadoo.es/xavier.mamano/sandbox/addlistener/examples/addlistener.html
NOTE: the code OpenLayers.js is compressed due to problems with my hosting.

See ticket  http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2577
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2577  for changes in the code, I opened
this ticket to discuss my approach, would appreciate any comments.

(the server returned as undeliverable me my previous post about this, I now
use Nabble)

Best regards,

Xavier Mamano