[OpenLayers-Dev] Patrch for getting vector drawing working over the 180 line going.

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Aug 18 13:55:48 EDT 2010

On 8/17/10 7:14 PM, Phil Scadden wrote:

>> How do you know that the line (179 0, -179 0) is meant to cross the date line?
>>
> You cant as far as I know. And how would you unambiguously specify it?

Please don't try to bake in any assumptions about heading in a line
segment.  Our geometry model is based on coordinates on a plane.  My
opinion is that "crossing the dateline" is application logic.
Geometries should be split when the user tries to draw beyond the domain
of the coordinate system.

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org