[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers server transition

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon Aug 23 16:32:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

The OpenLayers server will be transitioning over the coming weeks to be
on OSGeo infrastructure. We already have some services (docs.openlayers.org,
dev.openlayers.org) hosted there, and in the coming weeks, I expect to
move:

  * trac.openlayers.org
  * the main openlayers.org website
  * mailing lists
  * svn.openlayers.org

to the OSGeo infrastructure.

I will be doing my best to maintain a constant status report to the
dev list as I perform these moves, but due to the way that the services
are structured, some things may be temporarily unavailable. I will especially
work to ensure that the openlayers.org contents remains available at all
times.

If something is down temporarily, please feel free to check the dev
list archives for status messages, and report if it is not reported
as being known unavailable. Other than that, please just hold on
tight and I'll try to make the transition as smooth as possible :)

One thing everyone can do to mitigate downtime is to create an OSGeo
Userid and listing it on the OSGeo Accounts page if you have a
trunk access or want sandbox access:

  http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/OSGeoAccounts

Thanks for your patience.

Nokia