[OpenLayers-Dev] Text label halos ready for testing

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Thu Dec 23 20:11:46 EST 2010

Hi list,

I've created a patch that introduces a new feature: label halos for
vector features (See [1]). It helps making text labels readable on all
backgrounds.
There is now a request to include having a background with border around
the text as well [2]. I'm happy to have a look at this over the X-mas
break, but I'd like to get some feedback from the core devs first
whether or not the initial patch is the way to go, especially wrt the
VML implementation.

When you have a spare few minutes, could you please have a look at the
patch and comment on it?

Thanks,

Roald

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2965