[OpenLayers-Dev] iPhone Support

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 5 16:38:50 EST 2010

Hi Devs,

I have been looking into iPhone support for OpenLayers and have found:

1) sandbox/camptocamp/mobile/ which looks promising and got it working
2) http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1994 (the demo is gone)
3) are there other OL specific resources, examples?

I was wondering if this is actively being worked on by someone? who?
Is there a list of mobile browser that are targeted for support?
My Acer NetBook has touch gestures but I haven't look into how these are
presented as JS events.

One thing I noticed with the camptocamp sandbox is that the page does
not work in FireFox from my desktop. I am assuming that there is no
browser detection and code to handle mouse events in place of touch events.

In general I'm interested in where this is going and would be interested
in testing things as they get added to trunk or sandboxes.

Thanks,
   -Steve