[OpenLayers-Dev] Failing test "BaseTypes/Element.html" on FF 3.5.6 (Ubuntu 09.10)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Jan 6 10:07:38 EST 2010

Hi,

this is an issue on machines that are too slow, or Firefox instances
that use dom processing extensions (like e.g. AdBlock plus) that make
the rendering slow.

Try to disable such extensions, or renice your browser to e.g. -15 when
running tests.

There is nothing wrong with the code, it is just that delayed tasks may
fail when the test is running too slow.

Regards,
Andreas.

On 2010-01-06 10:36, Marc Jansen wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I have a failing test "BaseTypes/Element.html" on current trunk:
>
>     test_Element_getDimensions planned 4 assertions but got 0; fail 0 ok 0
>
>     exception: in delay_call: object: element is null
>
>     in ( null) at
>     http://localhost/aptana-workspace/OpenLayers/lib/OpenLayers/BaseTypes/Element.js
>     line 107
>     in ( ) at
>     http://localhost/aptana-workspace/OpenLayers/tests/BaseTypes/Element.html
>     line 126
>     in ( [object Object],1558) at
>     http://localhost/aptana-workspace/OpenLayers/tests/run-tests.html
>     line 1104
>     in ( 1424) at
>     http://localhost/aptana-workspace/OpenLayers/tests/run-tests.html
>     line 1015
>
> I am not sure about how to deal with this. I ran the suite on FF 3.5.6
> (Ubuntu 09.10).
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Andreas Hocevar