[OpenLayers-Dev] slow performance when overlay Vector Layer.

dequan chen cdqrain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:35:48 EST 2010

hi all,
my server side return navigation route to client and should draw the route
on OL. The route contains more than a thousand points, but the OL draw the
line very very slow, and nearly can not work. At first, i think the client
should take many times to receive the data. but, I've test it that it only
takes less than 10s. after receive data and start to draw route, the browser
striked.
can anyone help me, how to slove the problem. thanks.

PS: I split the route into dozens of segments. at client side, I construct
the every segment route with LineString, and addFeature to VectorLayer.