[OpenLayers-Dev] slow performance when overlay Vector Layer.

Cédric Moullet cedric.moullet at camptocamp.com
Mon Jan 11 00:42:15 EST 2010

Hi,
It sounds a little bit strange, since I did something very similar without
having performance problem:
http://dev.geoext.org/sandbox/cmoullet/ux/RoutingPanel/examples/RoutingPanelExample.html
You can have a look here to see the code that draws the route in OL:
https://trac.geoext.org/browser/sandbox/cmoullet/ux/RoutingPanel/ux/widgets/RoutingPanel.js#L623
<https://trac.geoext.org/browser/sandbox/cmoullet/ux/RoutingPanel/ux/widgets/RoutingPanel.js#L623>Hope
this helps,
Cédric

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM, dequan chen <cdqrain at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> my server side return navigation route to client and should draw the route
> on OL. The route contains more than a thousand points, but the OL draw the
> line very very slow, and nearly can not work. At first, i think the client
> should take many times to receive the data. but, I've test it that it only
> takes less than 10s. after receive data and start to draw route, the browser
> striked.
> can anyone help me, how to slove the problem. thanks.
>
> PS: I split the route into dozens of segments. at client side, I construct
> the every segment route with LineString, and addFeature to VectorLayer.

CTO Geospatial Camptocamp SA
Cédric Moullet
PSE A
CH-1015 Lausanne