[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem loading layers

jtcrash jacob_trainer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:13:08 EST 2010

Hi all,

   I am trying to load 70+ vector layers into OL and it seems to take a long
while even without any data being inserted into these layers. It takes
roughly 9 seconds to load the 70+ layers. Is this normal? Is there a better
way to do this as I am at a loss. In chrome everything seems to load
quickly, but in firefox there is a considerable lag time, it also seems to
force the browser not to respond for 3 or 4 seconds. of course IE is just
terrible and never worked well there. I am also adding a large number of
features across these layers, it seems the more and more i look at it the
answer seems to be a feature sever, is this wise? will this load 1500 points
into these 70+ layers more easily?

Thanks,
Jake