[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem loading layers

jtcrash jacob_trainer at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:40:27 EST 2010

Robert,

     Thanks for replying so quickly. I need these layers to be toggleable
and in fact already have a checkbox expandable/collapsible tree in place,
you can see an example of a previous version I created. Since then, I have
completely changed the interface from my own custom design to ExtJS. But the
idea, and the number of layers/points is basically the same:

http://www.chds.us/?dystopia:map

Unfortunately what you see there is only 1/9th of what it will be (adding 8
more square land masses to create an island). So as you might imagine,
optimizing the vector overlays is going to be a big hassle. I plan on
implementing clustering, zoom filtering, and so on later on, but for now I
am working on optimizing the layer loading and feature generation. The
biggest problem at this point is if you check the Points of Interest parent
(which checks all of its children, lots of points). But in short, the layers
are loaded from KML. But when i tested just creating the layers, the 9
second lag time was really annoying me. Not to mention it hangs a bit.

Thanks agian,
Jake